Sunday, September 29, 2024

Stoneway

Stoneway

Whispers of the Lake

Christopher Francis


Forgive me for thinking there's no acceptable level of bullying. Any bullying has gone too far. Personally I have no tolerance for even the slightest level of gentle ribbing.


On my Android Tablet Kindle refuses to recognize the .mobi file. Nook treats the .e-pub file as if it is a series of images. Only the .pdf file works in Kindle but appears best in a PDF reader. I don't use Adobe.


All files work better in a Windows OS environment. Though hyphenating words such as t-he seems odd.


Bentley, the narrator is a member of the "IN" crowd, but the bully is Brandon. Finally around Chapter 11 we get Bentley's surname, Longhorn. I am reminded that my father's middle name was Benton.


It strikes me that this campground temps fate by going Co-Ed. Most youth camps are either male or female.


One of the questions on a registration form for girls of this age is: has your daughter had her first menses; has she been prepared for it?


You have to believe in ghosts to see one, I don't.


I'm writing this on St. Michael and All Angels Sunday. I don't expect to see angels either. But in the Christian context it's Gods Work, Our Hands. We experience God's love through the caring of those around us. If you have done it unto the least of these my brethren you have done it unto me.


We learn here the importance of truly knowing that others care. The one person left out in the cold here is the Bully Brandon.


To quote Luther:

The Prince of Darkness Grim

We tremble not for him...

One little word shall fell him.


When others try to put you down it's important to trust in your own self-worth.






Virus-free.www.avast.com

No comments: