Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Fractured Hymns

I sense a play on words here. This is the third book by A. M. Arthur I've read and I've come to expect a good read any time I encounter her writing and this book is no exception. Ethanial has a large extended family and none of them are treated as stage props. Unlike so many M + M books the relationship between two men develops against the backdrop of a fully realized family setting.

Unfortunately another book that could have used just a tad more editing. The strings on a guitar that has not been played for a decade would be “dead” and need replacing. I have some problems with chronology, Ruth's illness, Ethan's service time, his work time in Pennsylvania. In chapter 12 mention is made of the kitchen downstairs. I thought Ethan was on the same level as the kitchen because of his cast.

No comments: