Monday, August 10, 2015

The Promise

I started this book which is number five in a series because of the number of plot lines left unresolved in book four. As the book begins it introduces an entirely new character and so far is silent on the subjects that interested me. As before, the population of Thunder Point keeps growing. And as it turns out the simple solutions are always the easiest.

Children graduate high school and leave home for college. In Canada it's grade 12, in America they're Seniors and go to fancy Proms and attend Fall Commencement and/or Homecoming. I graduated high school before the results of my provincially graded exams had even arrived. Deputy Yummy Pants becomes Lieutenant. Life continues and the drama of their lives lurches on from crisis to crisis.

The plot lines continue to be predictable and the characters petting, tonsil hockey, fore-play, and bedroom gymnastics remain a prominent part of the telling. There are three more E-books in the series and another in the works. Were I not reading them for free I would not have gotten past book one and as it is will not be going any further.

No comments: