Monday, August 08, 2016

Murphy's Law

The book was offered for free. I've shocked myself at the number of Romance Novels I've read since Harlequin offered 60 for free marking its 60th Anniversary. I tend to stick to Bromances and Hetero stylings short on lengthy descriptions of foreplay and sex. As a celibate male I've learned more about French Kissing, fellatio, anal sex, and the missionary position than I thought possible and that's just the beginning. I've even learned to get some titillation out of the descriptions of bedroom gymnastics. Given the wide diversity of the genre and the sheer volume the books must be someone's guilty pleasure.

This is not a bad murder/mystery marred by a lack of editing, repeated, missing words, bad grammar. If women weren't insecure and men not fickle romance writers would lack plot devices. It's a cliché that the woman are beautiful; the men tall, broad-shouldered with narrow hips and slim waists, bubble butts. The covers modelling opportunities for bodybuilders. Bald, pot-bellied men have to be rich to attract a dame.

No comments: