Friday, May 06, 2016

Scorch Trials

Being book two of The Maze Runner Series. Since I've seen the movie based on book one it's hard to read this without picturing Dylan O'Brien as Thomas and Ki Hong Lee as Minho in his runner harness looking oh so brawny. The 370-page book has 65 brief chapters that give the story a choppy episodic nature. The trilogy extends to over 1000 pages.

I read book one in the series to see what all the fuss was about before watching the movie version in part because I knew Dylan O'Brien from Teen Wolf. Book two comes off as overly wordy, even turgid. I can't get sufficiently interested in it to spend the time to finish reading it. I would also note that inventing words to replace profanity I would not be allowed to use in an Amazon review is still swearing, it just sounds more awkward.

No comments: